I’m Serena Simmons, the founder of APE Model Psychology, and it’s my mission in life to help as many people as possible discover what they really want to be doing for a living, and well, help them to do it!
I’ve now helped literally hundreds of people to transition out of employment they find difficult or uninspiring and help to set them on their new path which can be anything from starting a new business or finding another role or career that truly lights them up. One that has them feel happier, more balanced and excited about their life ahead.
I bring with me both my own experience of having done this, but importantly as a Chartered Psychologist I bring with me over 25 years of working in the field of human change and development.
“Serena's ability as a highly qualified psychologist and life coach is a rare skill”
Donna Humphries - client
What I do..
I know how it feels when you wake up every day dreading what lies ahead.
I’ve definitely had jobs that have left me feeling uninspired, bored or rather more worryingly depressed, bullied and even one job where I sat crying in my car before I went in every day!
It took me a long time to craft a life I love, doing what truly lights me up every day, and importantly making money from it.
Today I run the business you see before you helping people change their lives. I also still keep a hand in my work as a Senior Psychology Lecturer in a University, something I’ve done for 13 years, and something that I love to do as it keeps me relevant in what’s going on in the world of psychology and it also keeps me research active.
This of course also means I am able to bring you the best, most up to date research and integrate it into the work I do here at APE. And that means you, my clients, benefit from it!
Who I help
I work with people that want to change their life and who would like to do something different and feel something different every day.
This is why I focus on your work/career as this is something that we do for 1/3 of our lives!
The people I work with are also gritty, determined and ready for change.
In other words by the time they get to me, they are truly ready and happy to take on the work necessary to get to where they want to be. I see a lot of people at this stage who have tried lots of different things, maybe things that haven’t worked and they are sick of the back and fourth. The I’ll look at it again on Monday or next year feeling…NOW is the time and they are super-charged to get started!
* I’m a BPS Chartered Psychologist
* I have over 25 years experience working in various psychology settings from hospitals, the community, with brain-injury patients and for HM Prison Service…to name a few!
* I have expertise in both Positive Psychology and also Forensic Psychology…arguably two ends of a fascinating spectrum of human behaviour!
* I LOVE what I do, and consider myself to be multi-passionate so paint, sing and have also performed Improv comedy all over the world.
* I LOVE animals, in fact a portion of my profits from my business go towards animal charities and advocacy.
* I lived in New Zealand for nearly 8 years, and also went to Uni there…my spiritual home.
* Helping people change their life is my purpose and why I feel I’m on this fine earth.